mardi, juillet 24, 2007

Brothers, bikes, and bygone canines.

Even though I often bemoan how much cooler and more talented my brothers are than me, I'm actually very proud of this fact. I love being the middle child, the only girl, sandwiched between two artistic, intelligent (and protective!) brothers.

And here's one more reason the younger brother is cooler than me: he built a double-decker bicycle! It looks like this one:


And he pedals it around everywhere, just like the students who ride unicycles all over campus to be unique. In my opinion, a two-story bicycle is even better! There's only one problem with my brother's version: it has no brakes, so slowing and dismounting require a certain finesse -- something I lacked today when I flung one soaring giraffe leg over the seat and promptly flopped on the pavement. But for the five minutes I was perched atop its five-foot-four seat, whooping and yawping and pedaling around campus (while I was supposed to be working, no less!), I was having The Time of My Life.
* * * * *
In other news: Tenenbaum has a new home!


It took losing my heart, many nights of sleep, a week of my life, and hundreds of dollars, but I think I may have my happy ending after all. I just needed someone who will love him as much as I do, someone who will speak to him and declare in that annoying voice reserved for fat babies and animals that he is suchagoodboy. We've been through so much together, he and I, and I will be perfectly happy as long as he belongs to someone for keeps.

Thank you to everyone who expressed concern and tried to help me find a good home for Tenenbaum! I appreciate your thoughtfulness so much.

Sigh. Now it's just back to me, Bret, and these two:

Which I think maybe is the way it's supposed to be.

Aucun commentaire: